Intel Core i7 860 Processor 2.80 GHz 8 MB LGA1156 CPU I7-860BOX

Intel Core i7 860 Processor 2.80 GHz 8 MB LGA1156 CPU I7-860BOX Reviews



More Picture


I built a computer by using the suggestions from [...] with wonderful success. This is one of the products Rob Williams recommended and I was not disappointed! I managed to get a Microsoft of 7.5 on that scale that runs from 1 to 7.9 for every test except the hard drive which got a 5.9. I think I should have gotten the SATA 6 drive.br /br /note: I did not much like the cooling fan that came with this package. I installed it just as the instruction recommended but I had trouble keeping the CPU temperature below 60 degrees Celsius. I bought a little bigger and better heat sink with more contact surface area on the CPU and now it operates around the 30 - 40 range. However, even now when I hit it hard with multiple CPU intensive processes it will take short trips above the 60 degree level. If you plan to stress this CPU to its limits you should search for appropriate cooling options.

Intel Core i7 860 Processor 2.80 GHz 8 MB LGA1156 CPU I7-860BOX Feature

  • Quad Core Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology
  • Hyper-Threading Technology
  • Intel EM64T 2 Intel Virtualization Technology
Specifications: Mfr Part Number: BX80605I7860, Process Type: Intel Core i7 Processor i7-860, Frequency: 2.80 GHz, Bus Speed: 2.5 GT/s, Cache: 8 MB, Process: 45 nm, Socket: LGA 1156, Power Consumption: 95 W, Package: Retail, This processor is a Quad Core Processor, This processor supports Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology, This processor supports Hyper-Threading Technology, This processor supports Extended Memory 64 Technology (EM64T), This processor supports Intel Virtualization Technology, This processor supports Enhanced Halt State (C1E), This processor supports Execute Disable Bit


Go tO Store Now !!

More Products

More Reviews

Look at the Price - A. Aguilar - NYC
Ok, I just bought this processor from Micro Center in Long Island, NY for 9 (10-26-2010). I haven't even built the machine yet, but I jumped at the i7-870 just because it was so cheap. I'll update this later when I have the rest of the parts. br /br /Hope I could save you a few bucks.



Oct 27, 2010 23:56:04

0 comments:

Post a Comment